Get cozy with this quick and easy veggie-filled soup!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or stock)
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. Italian dried herbs
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4 (15-z) cans white beans (cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (for serving)
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
In a large pot or saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant (about 2-3 minutes), while stirring occasionally. Add in the broth, tomatoes, sugar, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all of the flavors together. Stir in the beans and spinach. Continue to simmer gently until the spinach has wilted, (about 2 minutes). Take off heat. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Taste test and adjust salt and pepper if needed.